Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Note to self..

Ok I am back. I am now going to make myself post. I tend to think that the things I do are rather mundane and not worthwhile talking about, but I am going to do it, so sorry if you find it boring!

Well, I entered two quilts into the local show. It was such a struggle to get them there on time and juggling all sorts of things in order to do it, but I made it! Unfortunately I wasn't happy with the way they were displayed...
I didn't win a prize but I did notice a few people looking at the one on the chair and talking about it. Yay to me lol!! So anyway, this is what my pink log cabin looks like when you can see it...

And this is how it was at the show.....


I did feel bad for the lady whose quilt is on the floor to the left of mine - it was a block of the month with flowers and teddies and houses and stuff like that, but you couldn't see half of it!





And my 'Winding Ways' quilt:


Actually, I don't have a picture of it flat and completed.. I must take one, it is on my bed currently! But I do have one of me and the kids stitching th binding down. They insisted in sitting under it with me and it was hot!










Now I have done two classes, one to make a 'kalidescope' quilt and one to make a basketweave pattern. I will post some pics next time on them. :) They are coming along quite well.

Also a friend of mine who I used to sew with is going over to Thailand to do a camp for Karen children over there and she needed some bags made up. So Diane dropped 40 bags off to me to be made, thankfully she had precut them for me (Thank you so much Diane for that step!!!!) and I made them up for her. They had a panel on the front with an Aussie animal, there was a kangaroo, lizard, koala and a possum. They looked very cute when I had finished them. Brodie kept say that they looked "Gorgush Mum!" Very cute when he was holding them out infront of himself telling me that!


Here is a pic of the finished bags piled up on the floor.. Looking at this picture, there doesn't look like there is 40 there, but let me assure you there is!

I have so many projects that I need to get started it is doing my head in!! But I must finish the ones I have first, I don't want to have a massive pile of UFO's laying around!

:) Take care and I will try to post again sooner than last time!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment