Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Back!!

Hello! Long time no see I know, I know...

But I have been sooo busy sewing! I really have! And I have pics to prove it lol!!

I have nearly finished the Basketweave one for my mother in law, I just need to attach one more border on it and then quilt it!



I did a class on a kalidescope quilt which I wasn't too fussed about at first but as it is coming together I am starting to like it.


One of the single blocks



Each block is different made up of 8 identical triangle to make the kaledescope pattern. My original fabric is a lovely butterfly pattern but in the blocks you can see some butterflies, but otherwise they also look like shells.

Here is a pic of the quilt that I designed myself a few years ago and I stumbled along myself trying to figure out making it without instructions. I am happy with it, I just have to quilt it. I made it for my little boy who is now 4, but I started it when he was around 1 so this quilt has taken me the longest to actually make.. But I am getting there!!!



Ok, so now I will admit I am not the best photographer. I look at so many other blogs and their photos are just gorgeous. Another thing to learn I suppose.

Take care everyone and happy sewing!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...the kadioscope quilt looks awesome...i love the fabric choice. the basketweave quilt is simply beutiful.I'm sure you MIL is going to love that

    ReplyDelete