Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hi there!

Well it once again has been a while, but I have been busy, I promise! lol

I don't have any pics at the moment but I will do some next post to show what I have been up to. So far I have started to quilt the basketweave quilt. I have to have it finished by September for my mother in law's birthday, so there is a deadline for that, but I have actually put off quilting it so far. I have only done two straight lines, only something like 50 more to do.....
I also have finished piecing the kalidescope quilt. It looks great. I really like it now. I didn't at first but it grew on me the more I did of it.
I volunteered my services at the kindy my son goes to, I am doing two single bed quilts for them to raffle off. One is a girls quilt and the other a boys. So far I have finished the girls version and I actually finished pinning it today so it is ready to quilt. Thanks to my friend Anne who came into the quilt shop to help me pin, isn't she a doll? lol and I have all the boy version ready to cut out and start. They are in a 'whirlygig' pattern. I am thinking that perhaps tonight I might start quilting the pink one.

Hrmmmm what else have I done? Well I attended another class and started a 'one block wonder' quilt. Fantastic idea and they look great! I can't wait to get more of it together. I am just at the piecing of the blocks part but luckily that is a very quick bit to do, but in saying that I think I still have roughly 100 blocks left to piece!!!

OOoo!!! I have finished stippling my son's quilt. Extremely please with the outcome of that. I stippled all over it in a bright multicoloured thread and it looks great. (Well I think so lol) And Brodie can't wait to have it on his bed. I just have to sew down the rod pocket (I put one on because I want to enter it in a local show) and the get the thread tails to disapear.

And on top of all them our patchwork group started another quilt. This one is a tessalation quilt and I chose all bright colours that remind me of summer. It is really bright and happy!! This one I am making for my Mum to put in her spare room. She liked the look of it when I laid it out to show her. During the first class we only got up to cutting out the fabric pieces so can't wait until next week to start sewing them together!!

Sorry about not having any pictures, but I promise that next time I will show you some of the quilts I mentioned and what they look like now.

Take care and keep on sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment