Monday, November 23, 2009

Sew It

Hey there!

Well today I managed to not get too distracted and actually pulled the sewing machine out and made my Sew It item. This time around it was a car rubbish bag/tidy.

It was quick to make which was handy since the kids kept trying to unravel the boning. I started out with 1 metre of it and only had around 30cms left that was usable!




I just used what apholstery fabric I had, which wasn't a great deal of choice, otherwise I would have picked a different pattern - this fabric at some point was going to be big floor cushions.... one day I suppose!!

Here is a picture of my little fairy Miss K. Her hair was tied up in two ponytails before she went for her nap, but she pulled them out and now she has koala ears..



Who would guess that this little lady had me vaccuuming - yes vaccuuming the front loader washing machine??? She got in through the child gate on the laundry and filled the washing machine up with cat litter. Just lovely!!!

It is so hot here today. I put a digital themometre outside and it reached 42 degrees celcius. Luckily we have air con and so it is a much more bearable temp of 23 inside!! At least it doesn't take long for my washing to dry!

Catch you later.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog Renea and on your fabric trash bag i love the fabric you used.

    Check back tomorrow for feature it Wednesday! :D

    Your daughter is ever so cute!

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique
    http://sewchicandunique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...this looks awesome Renea. I love the fabric too.

    good to see your cute little angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mayya and Nima. I am about to head off and check out your creations now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renea, Congrats on your blog and lovely finish. A few months back, I was in the same boat like you. I also, started blogging recently. I am sure you will enjoy. You can see my finish on Sew it feature at my blog.
    http://preet25.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renae! I'm Zura from http://sewretrochic.blogspot.com. I'm usually on board for Sew It but couldn't join this week because I couldn't find the boning. Btw, love the fabric choice and great job!

    Oh, and what a cutie your girl is! :)

    ReplyDelete