Sunday, December 6, 2009

It is December already??

I can't believe that Christmas is literally right around the corner! It seems to have snuck up on me this year!

I have been busy helping my Mum decorate her house with lights. Her street is all lit up and it all looks beautiful. I managed to get sunburnt whilst helping with the lights. But luckily it seems to be going now.

Last night we went to my husbands' work Christmas Dinner. We had a good time and got back home at 2am which is something we never do and now we are both really really tired.

I am sad to say that I haven't had much time to make anything but I have had ideas of what I want to do going through my head each day and it is frustrating to me that I can't put it into practice. Things just seem to crop up all the time, oh and I have discovered Facebook and been playing a couple of games on there. I had no idea just how addictive it is!

But I do have a couple of pictures of a quilt I am making to share, I am excited to be able to document the progress of it.

This is the block in the two different colourways:



And it is quite amazing that when lots of them are put together it can look like this:



This is actually going to be a quilt for our bed once it is finished. Hopefully next year!

I have been trying to make things to sell and so far I have managed to sell some bags, cushions, table runners and some crayon rolls to a group of ladies that I know. I am excited!! I mean I like what I make, but to have people buy it makes me feel proud that I made something that other people like too! Yay! Plus I am going to an opening of a new craft store and I get to take that money to spend there if I see anything that I really really want then and there! How exciting!!

Unfortunately I am unable to joing Mayya in her Sew It group this fortnight, I have been travelling backwards and forwards and busy busy lately, otherwise I would have done it too.

Craft shop tomorrow - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment